[pdal] Fwd: Change the pdal container

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:15:24 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Helimap Postmaster <postmaster at helimap.ch>
wrote:

> Ok perfect!
>
> That's all I needed to know, I will derive BasePointTable and see how it
> goes.
>
> Could you send me a link about how the 'default' way works? Does it load
> chunk by chunk or point by point? Because the former could be interesting
> as well for me since I could process chunk by chunk and provide
> intermediate results.

You can do various things.  Normally LAS points get read in blocks to
improve performance, but all points are loaded before the buffer is handed
off to the next processing step (your colorization).  You can subclass
SimplePointTable to use the standard (non-streaming) interface.  As an
alternative, you can subclass StreamPointTable and then use the streaming
interface, loading as many points into the buffer as you like to process at
once.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com