[pdal] LAS to PCD Translate Error Uint16

Paul Sung-Pyo Park ppark31 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:09:03 PDT 2017

Hello,

I have been trying to convert a LAS file to PCD using PDAL and have had
this error pop up:
"RuntimeError: Unable to fetch data and convert as requested:
Red:uint16_t(50490) -> unsigned char"

I am very new to PDAL as well as programming in general. Would there be a
simple line I can add to my JSON pipeline file to filter uint16 to uint8?
My current thought is to find a way to divide the input LAS by 65,535 then
multiply by 255. However, not sure how I should implement this with my
shallow knowledge. I am currently using Python with JSON inside the script
as the pipeline.
Thank You.

--
*Paul Park*