[pdal] How to take classifications from one file and put them into another.

Michael Rosen michael.rosen at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 15:49:44 PDT 2017

I'm doing work on automated classification.  While my input data is all
LAS, several of the techniques I'm considering currently work only on txt
files and more significantly some produce labels (classification code) for
only a subset of the points.  I need to take the labels from classifier and
put them into the source datasets.  How best to do that?

I think a natural way to implement this is to iterate the points in the
source dataset and for each point, pick the label from the closest point in
the labelled dataset.  The PDAL's Hausdorf filter does something like this
and I'm confident I can write a tool that would do this using the KDIndex
and the Assignment filter.  However, I wonder if there is some way to do
this as a pipeline using existing filters.

msr