[pdal] Requesting help reading data from Pipeline Executor Metadata

Paul Schrum paul.schrum at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 14:14:33 PDT 2017

I need to read metadata from a successfully run PipelineExecutor instance.
I think I am doing this correctly, but I haven't been able to find any
example code which does what I need to do.

Can someone advise me on this?

Here is my code.  The line I believe is not behaving the way I expect is
665, which I confirm by printing its validty at line 670, which prints 0,
which means Not Valid.

649    std::string pipeline_
650            pipelineJson::basicVectorMapReaderWriter(infile,outmap);

            // I can confirm the executor is valid and runs correctly
653    auto plExecutor = new pdal::PipelineExecutor(pipeline_json);

660    uint64_t pointCount = plExecutor->execute();

663    pdal::MetadataNode root = plExecutor->getMetadata();
664    //auto root = plExecutor->getMetadata();
665    auto srsNode = root.findChild("srs");
666
667
668    auto val = srsNode.valid();
669
670    cout << val << endl;
671    cout << "test" << endl;

Another note which may be helpful: when I change 668 to be
668    auto val = root.valid();

the validity prints 1, which indicates that it is valid.

- Paul