[pdal] PDAL: ERROR: column pcid (1) and patch pcid (2) are not consistent

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Jun 9 08:59:31 PDT 2017

> On Jun 9, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Florent Poux <fpoux at ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I get this error : "PDAL: ERROR:  column pcid (1) and patch pcid (2) are not consistent" when trying to write a txt file to a PGSQL database using pointcloud writer.

> The only change is R, G and B which are not float value in the second.

> Any ideas ?

The schemas are in fact not the same, the error message is an accurate description of the situation, and you're going to need to normalize the schema of the data you are inserting in to pgpointcloud.

Is there any reason to not insert the data into a new pgpointcloud object? PDAL will normalize it all on the way out. If that won't work, I think the PDAL DB drivers (pgpointcloud, sqlite, and oracle) would need an option that allows them to normalize the schema as they are inserted, but that might be sticky to specify.