[pdal] PDAL configuration using CMake

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Nov 16 06:27:47 PST 2017

> On Nov 16, 2017, at 5:52 AM, Stephen Pidgeon <pidgeon13 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am having some problems configuring PDAL and was hoping that someone could give me a hand.

> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindNumPy.cmake:25 (STRING):
>   STRING sub-command REPLACE requires at least four arguments.

This issue is something that must have changed with CMake.  The AppVeyor builds do find Python, but I think it is because we're on an older version of CMake there. See [1] for some more information.

Which version of CMake are you using, and are you trying to find OSGeo4W's Python3 or Python2?

https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/master/scripts/appveyor/config.cmd provides the config that's much like the hobu-windows.bat example file, but up-to-date with current OSGeo4W64 setups.

Howard

[1] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/hobu/pdal/build/1.0.3720/job/es6wsvglke9x1ebe#L59