[pdal] newbie doubts on pdal pipeline

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 08:14:39 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 10:44 AM, Giuseppe Falcone <
falcone.giuseppe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to all!
>
> I'm new on pdal (in python pdal) and I have two question for us.
>
> It is possibile to build a pipeline that return in memory output (I want
> that output are not stored on file system but is in a variable for other
> analysis )?

Yes.  In python or C++.  You can write code to access the data once it has
been read.  You need to be specific about what you're trying to accomplish.

Perhaps this is what you're looking for:
https://www.pdal.io/tutorial/python-filtering.html

> It is possible to build a pipeline that return only some statistical
> attribute of las input data?

You don't need to build a thing.  You can run 'pdal info --stats'.  Or you
can create a pipeline that runs the stats filter and does no other output.
You need to be more specific for us to be helpful.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com