[pdal] newbie doubts on pdal pipeline

Bradley Chambers brad.chambers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 05:13:03 PDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:25 AM Giuseppe Falcone <falcone.giuseppe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I clarify my question better (I hope!).
> I have a las file that I want to filter with a pdal pipeline; at the end
> of pipeline I want to verify a distribution fitting (see for example
> https://glowingpython.blogspot.it/2012/07/distribution-fitting-with-scipy.html
> ).
> So, the pipeline result are the distribution parameters. It is possible
> this?

You could definitely pick one of the PDAL dimensions to be used as the
samples in your fit step. They are simply returned as numpy ndarrays, so
scipy should be able to work with them. Also, the earlier provided iPython
notebook was a reader-only pipeline, but you could make that pipeline as
complex as you like (it sounds like you have at least some PCL stages, for
example). Another example (different packages, but same idea) is provided
at https://gist.github.com/chambbj/efa93860aa316f607ea4b3215395f627.