[pdal] pgpointcloud writer compression

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:13:24 PDT 2018

Thank you Andrew.

________________________________
Fra: Andrew Bell <andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com>
Sendt: fredag 8. juni 2018 22.47
Til: Lars
Kopi: pdal at lists.osgeo.org
Emne: Re: [pdal] pgpointcloud writer compression

I've opened the following ticket to address the issue:

https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/2050

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 2:01 PM Lars <laasunde at hotmail.com<mailto:laasunde at hotmail.com>> wrote:
Andrew ,

The below is from pgpointcloud documentation and it appears pgpointcloud handles compression stuff. So if PDAL could set lazperf compression type in schema, it might work 😊

"If you are writing your own loading system and want to write into Pointcloud types, create well-known binary inputs, in uncompressed format. If you schema indicates that your patch storage is compressed, Pointcloud will automatically compress your patch before storing it, so you can create patches in uncompressed WKB without worrying about the nuances of particular internal compression schemes."