[pdal] Filters on LiDAR data for vegetation cover

Bradley Chambers brad.chambers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 05:03:11 PDT 2019

Correct, there is no PDAL filter to isolate vegetation points amongst those
classified as non-ground. Other filters, as suggested, may help to
discriminate between buildings and trees, or misclassified non-ground. I've
not done a lot of dense vegetation testing, but both PMF and SMRF should do
reasonably well as long as points are making it all the way to the ground
in the input data. Those filters, in my experience, struggle more with
manmade structures than they do with vegetation.