[pdal] Proposal: Remove SQLite reader/writer for PDAL 2.0

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu Aug 1 13:04:24 PDT 2019

> On Aug 1, 2019, at 2:57 PM, Jed Frechette <jedfrechette at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 1:26 PM Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> wrote:
>> Numpy is also a candidate.
>
> How much should I be worried about this warning in the 1.9.1 docs?

Lots? ;)

More seriously, I think things are a little better than they used to be, but there were definitely dragons here in the past. This internal and external lack of interchange is why efforts like Arrow are gaining traction, but there has been bumps along that road too.  I'd be curious to hear what Norman has to say on this topic as it is a space they are charging after quite intently.

> """
> It is untested whether problems may occur if the versions of Python
> used in writing the file and for reading the file don’t match.
> """
>
> Is this referring to issues such as:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24105148/load-python-2-npy-file-in-python-3
>
> or something else?