[pdal] writers.las unable to convert scaled value

adam steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 22:36:03 PDT 2019

Hi Rebecca

> I ran lasinfo on the las file and get the following result:
> Z                3696      58127

Ah those are unscaled values - so scaled to metres it would be 36.96 and
581.27?

What would be the best way to determine if the geoid is introducing any
> divide-by-zeros?
>
> I loaded the gtx into postgis and these are the results from using the
> ST_SummaryStats:
>
> 'count' 'sum' 'mean' 'stddev' 'min' 'max'
> 14364 | 4215.86899040639 | 0.293502435979281 | 0.0288004424645927 |
> 0.17399999499321 | 0.49099999666214

That’s a cool way to do it! I wondered if there were null or nodata values
in the gtx file for some of your las points, but it appears not…

My last easy check idea is to make sure all the las points sit within
the moturiki 1953 region.

I don’t feel like I’m being super helpful, sorry - just walking down a list
of things that might produce an ‘-Infinity'….

Regards,

Adam