[pdal] Identify ground points: filter.mongus

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 07:46:52 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Silvia Franceschi <
silvia.franceschi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway thanks for the help and quick response!
>
> I will go on with the other filters (pmf and smrf) which seems to work
> well with the same input data.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Regards,
>
> Silvia
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 2:43 PM Andrew Bell <andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Mike's response is correct.  This has nothing to do with mongus.  As the
>> message says, it's referring to an issue with reading your LAS input.  I
>> don't have anything to offer other than what has already been suggested in
>> https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/issues/2410.

Oh, I missed that this is with the writer.  Apologies.

The broken LAZ compressor is sensitive to the data.  It doesn't have
anything to do with the specifics of the filter.  You could simply
rearrange the points and the problem might appear/disappear.  Still, the
only fix is to upgrade PDAL to work around the issue.  Sorry.

--
Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com