[pdal] lazperf requirement for PDAL 2.4+

Andrew Bell andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 06:31:28 PDT 2021

Perhaps unfortunately, lazperf has slipped from being a tool to compress
data according to the LAZ algorithm into something that can read and write
complete LAS/LAZ files. This additional functionality originally existed
only for testing purposes. I think that if the encoding/decoding bits were
separate, it would be totally stable. I don't know if this matters to
people, but I thought I would mention it.

Andrew Bell
andrew.bell.ia at gmail.com