[pdal] Raster extent with writers.gdal

Andreas Yankopolus andreas at yank.to
Wed Sep 15 08:01:12 PDT 2021

All—

I’m using PDAL to write a surface-height raster using writers.gdal, then merging that file with other rasters into a multi-band file with GDAL.

What’s my best bet for specifying the extent of the raster written by writers.gdal?

I have a pipeline stage cropping the LPC data and expect to have nodata values throughout.

One possibility appears to be using the origin_x, origin_y options along with width, height to set the size. I’m already specifying a resolution. Or maybe I want to use gdalopts.

How have other people addressed this?

Cheers,

Andreas