[pgpointcloud] Installing PGpointcloud

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Fri Aug 16 06:47:25 PDT 2013

I was recently made aware of PGpointcloud and find it very interesting.

I would like to test the setup - create a database, upload some points, do
some basic operations and just see what it is all about - but have not been
able to get it up and running. I have tried the installation guide from
https://github.com/pramsey/pointcloud via Ubuntu on a virtualbox but it is
not working for me (says something about “missing autoconf!”)

Is it possible to run on a windows installation of postgres?

OSGeo4W has a recent PDAL build that includes pgpointcloud support. It has
not been tested in any capacity, though people have been having success
with windows builds they made themselves.