[pgpointcloud] 64bit Windows PDAL port

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Aug 20 08:32:44 PDT 2013

On Jul 23, 2013, at 1:20 AM, Roger Bedell <sylvanascent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just finished building a 64 bit Windows version of PDAL, it seems to work fine. I was having problems importing larger point files at a decent speed using a single cache block.

There must be a bug in PDAL's cache filter that's causing things to fail for you. It doesn't show up on linux, however. Is there any chance you can get it to fail in a debugger and give me a stack trace?

> More than one cache block was painfully slow, but worked. A single cache block was much faster but wouldn't work for larger files. So, I built a 64 bit version. Not for the faint of heart!

> Hopefully there will be a 64 bit OSGEO4W soon to make this easier.

I doubt there will be a 64bit OSGeo4W anytime soon. I think the next reboot of OSGeo4W should be built off of NuGet http://nuget.codeplex.com/

Howard