[pgpointcloud] RLE and SIGBITS heuristics

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Apr 15 08:32:53 PDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:04:47AM -0500, Howard Butler wrote:

> https://github.com/verma/laz-perf

[...]

> Maybe it would be possible to incorporate lazperf into pgpointcloud
> as a compression type? See [1] for how we are using it.

I guess it would be possible, yes.

It'd need be callable from C though, either via an API exposed
by laz-perf directly or by custom adapter.
That might defeat the "remove virtuals overhead" goal.

Do you have tools in PDAL to compare compression/decompression speed
and compressed format size between the various supported schemes here ?
https://github.com/PDAL/PDAL/blob/master/include/pdal/Compression.hpp#L113

--strk;