[pgpointcloud] pointcloud version and variant

Éric Lemoine eric.lemoine at oslandia.com
Wed Apr 25 05:05:20 PDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-04-25 at 11:09 +0000, Lars wrote:
> Wow that was a quick response, thank you.
>
> Must admit I do not know much about the difference between pointcloud
> and pointcloud_postgis. I just installed the bundle mentioned in the
> original post. Should pointcloud and pointcloud_postgis always have
> the same version or is there some kind of compatibility issue?

Actually pointcloud and pointcloud_postgis are separate extensions, and
their versionning is also separate. I would agree that this is very
confusing and it that it should be changed.

Anyway your problem is not related to this version mismatch. Most
probably you're using Pointcloud code that just doesn't have the
PC_EnvelopeGeometry function. Where did you get bundle95x64_2.3.0.1
from? Is this the most recent bundle you can get?

PC_EnvelopeGeometry is mentioned in the Pointcloud README file on
GitHub because that README file corresponds to the latest code in the
master branch. It's just the way it is right now. Pointcloud doesn't
provide a versionned documentation.

I think we really need to create a new official release of Pointcloud,
and see if the people taking care of Windows builds/bundles can package it again.

Cheers,

--
Éric Lemoine
Oslandia