[pgpointcloud] pointcloud version and variant

Éric Lemoine eric.lemoine at oslandia.com
Wed Apr 25 07:31:31 PDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-04-25 at 13:37 +0000, Lars wrote:
> Thank you for the feedback.
>
> The source of the current bundle95x64_2.3.0.1 is unknown.
>
> The http://postgis.net/windows_downloads/ contains PostGIS 2.3.7
> and 2.4.4 installer which both includes pgpointcloud 1.1.0 (dev).
> Does pgpointcloud component contain both pointcloud and
> pointcloud_postgis extensions? What does the version "1.1.0 (dev)"
> mean in reference to the version numbers used by the extensions?

pgpointcloud 1.1.0 (dev) means what will be 1.1.0 in the future. It's a
version based on the source code found in the master branch as the time
the bundle is created.

And I guess that, yes, the pgpoincloud component includes both the
pointcloud and the pointcloud_postgis extensions. The version number
(1.1.0 here) is probably based on that of the "pointcloud" extension.

> It would be really nice if pgpointcloud could contain more detailed
> information about build options (GHT/LAZPERF) and git commit id for
> each extension.

Yes, this is something to be done by the bundle creator.

PS: I don't use Pointcloud on Windows, and I know close to nothing
about the bundles created for Windows.

--
Éric Lemoine
Oslandia