[pgrouting-dev] APSP Implementation

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 09:08:08 EST 2010

Hi,

I am Jay Mahadeokar, Computer Science MTech Student at Indian Institute of
Technology, Kanpur.

I am interested in contributing to pgRouting and was looking at APSP
implementation. I have discussed this with Mr. Daniel Kastl and we thought
it would be better to float the ideas on the dev mailing list.

For the APSP implementation, I read the boost documentation, and it has
implemented APSP using Johnsons algorithm as well as Warshall's Algorithm.
Which one should we look at? To implement it for pgRouting, we will need to
code a boost_wrapper function (which will call the actual boost apsp
function) and one outer APSP function which will use the executor/SPI to
query database and call the wrapper (similar to the dijkestra's
implementation). Please correct me if I am wrong.

It would also be helpful to come up with a concrete prototype for the
function. The initial RFC is drafted here:
http://www.pgrouting.org/rfc/rfc-03.html

Since I am new to this community, I would like to know the development tools
and conventions used.
--
Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar