[pgrouting-dev] Using gitflow to standardize branching

Kishore Kumar justjkk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 04:14:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

Please checkout this blogpost[1] about a successful branching model in
git. I see pgrouting currently has 14 branches and the flow is a bit
confusing. So, shall we slowly transition from the current branches to
the git-flow style workflow?
The transition involves the following:
* 'master' -> 'develop' // Current master becomes the develop branch
* 'tag v1.05' -> 'master' // Latest release point becomes the new master branch
* 'unittests' -> 'feature/unittests' // unittests branch becomes a
feature branch
* 'gsoc-*' -> 'feature/gsoc-*' // gsoc branches become feature branches
* 'darp' -> 'feature/darp' // darp branch becomes feature branch
* 'devel-2_0' is not required and changes are moved to 'develop'

gitflow doesn't tell anything about packaging branches. So, I'm
confused on how to transition them.
Requesting daniel to take this further.

Thanks,
J Kishore kumar.