Time Dependent data feeds Was: Re: [pgrouting-dev] Time dependent data and input format

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:16:08 EDT 2011

Hi,

Sorry, I somehow missed this and did not reply earlier.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <
woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Starting a new thread here!
>
> This looks interesting.
> http://www.511.org/developer-**resources_traffic-data-feed.**asp<http://www.511.org/developer-resources_traffic-data-feed.asp>
>
> Click on the TRANSIT menu item - this is the application we want to build
> :)

This looks more relevant to Kishore's algorithm(multi-modal routing) right ?

> This one looks promising also:
> http://www.eot.state.ma.us/**developers/<http://www.eot.state.ma.us/developers/>
>
> This appears to have all the MBTA mass transit schedules in GTFS format for
> doing multi-modal stuff. And see the Highway section for Massachusetts
> Planned Roadway Events XML Feed BETA
>
> Here is another possibility for the sate of Colorado:
> http://www.cotrip.org/xmlFeed.**htm <http://www.cotrip.org/xmlFeed.htm>
> looks like it would require an agreement to use their feeds, but we can
> check into that.

These are mostly dealing with multimodal trip planning. For time dependent
routing, we need time dependent road data. I guess not many applications
have come up in this area since such data is not yet easily available for
free.

> Anyway these might be a start. I don't have time at the moment to chase any
> of these down. But it is a starting place.
>
> -Steve

Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar