[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 14:59:03 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Try:
>
> select class_id, count(*) as cnt from ways group by class_id oder by
> classid;
>
> Typically you should a a distribution in real world data something like:
>
> 5% limited access major highways
> 15% major roads
> 75% minor roads
> 5% trails, pedestrian ways, etc
>
> Well in the US anyway. Also if this is OSM data then you might get a better
> clue on classes by looking to that .... OH!, look what I found in google :)
>
> http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/advanced.html

Hi Steve,

Thanks for giving me the link. I somehow never tried doing advanced part of
the workshop.

Well, it is using routing database which we generate during this step:
http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/osm2pgrouting.html

I am doing exact steps outlined there but unfortunately, after I run
osmtopgrouting command,  get following output:
<lots of mesages regarding different class name, and ids>
class name = roundabout
class id = 401
class id = 401 name = roundabout added to type name=junction
Trying to load data
Trying to parse data

I find only the following 3 tables generated in routing database:
               List of relations
 Schema |       Name        | Type  |  Owner
--------+-------------------+-------+----------
 public | geography_columns | view  | postgres
 public | geometry_columns  | table | postgres
 public | spatial_ref_sys   | table | postgres
(3 rows)

The tutorial says a total of 8 tables should be generated.

I do not get any other warning or error messages.

On other hand, I am able to do all steps here:
http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/topology.html correctly, and hence
till now I was working with pgrouting-workshop database.

I am sorry if this are very silly errors, but I have no previous experience
working with such data. Any hint/link why I am not able to generate routing
database?

Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar