[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Jun 22 17:26:48 EDT 2011

2011/6/23 Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>

> Hi Daniel, Jay,
>
> Ok, sorry for my *rant* about OSM attributes!
>
> So it looks like osm2po does the importing and classification via its black
> box java .jar file and you can use the tables afterwards. Ok this could
> work, but I'm not sure I like the idea of using someone's black box to
> import the data. Long term it would be better to just use osm2pgrouting and
> to understand the issues that I presented and a write a stored procedure to
> do the classifications that are needed.

Hi Steve,

This was just meant to be an easy and quick way for Jay, if he doesn't want
to spend much time with studying OSM attributes.
But of course I prefer some OS tool, too.
I have tried to convince Carsten (the author of osm2po) to make his really
nice conversion tool available as Open Source, but I accept that he doesn't
want to do so (yet ;-).

So I think it's good to see how osm2po organizes the tables.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de