[pgrouting-dev] GSoC proposal - public transport in pgrouting

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sat Mar 26 09:21:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in supporting pgRouting through GSoC!
busroutes.in looks very interesting and indeed public transport routing
requires some multi-modal routing algorithm, that pgRouting doesn't have
(yet).

The goal of pgRouting is to provide functions for various network analysis
problems. They shouldn't be limited to a certain use case or a certain data
source. But of course many users of pgRouting use OpenStreetMap like
busroutes.in does.

There is no particular IRC channel for pgRouting. For GSoC in OSGeo people
use the general #osgeo chat room, and you can ask questions regarding GSoC
there, I think. Personally I turned off chat and other stuff these days,
because I need to concentrate on some project.

So feel free to share and discuss your ideas on this list or use the Google
Melange platform for your proposal. It allows students and mentors to
comment a project proposal as well.

Best regards,
Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de