[pgrouting-dev] GSoC proposal - public transport in pgrouting

Kishore Kumar justjkk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:55:23 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am J Kishore kumar, an undergraduate student from Chennai, India. I am an
opensource enthusiast and am part of the developer team of busroutes.in[1][2]
which is an ongoing project using openstreetmap and postgis. I am eager to
participate in GSoC. I looked at the source code of pgrouting and
osm2pgrouting for last couple of days familiarising myself with the software
structure, functionalities and editing pieces of it[3].( and a growing
impulse to use pgrouting in the busroutes.in project).

I would like to implement the public transport related aspects in
pgrouting(like changeovers and identifying different modes of travel) as a
GSoC project. Is it possible to discuss about this on an IRC
channel(#pgrouting)? I will try to draft a schedule and share it soon.
Please let me know what you think about it.

Thanks & Regards,
J Kishore kumar.
http://jkk-2010.blogspot.com

[1] - http://busroutes.in