[pgrouting-dev] Support for Time Constraints

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Mar 28 10:46:10 EDT 2011

Hi Jay,

In my opinion time dependent routing is a nice idea and a feature you can
hardly find in existing routing libraries. I haven't seen any open source
implementation yet. Someone else knows one?

Currently pgRouting takes into account the network loaded when running the
query. But it could happen, that network conditions change while travelling
in the network, right? For example one could reach a road that is closed on
certain times.

It could be a very cool feature, if pgRouting could support even changes
during travel time. So personally I would prefer such a project idea over
one to speed up shortest path computation.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de