[pgrouting-dev] Introducing myself

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Apr 22 14:01:53 EDT 2012

Hi Razequl,

I have a few of comments in no particular order:

* We have a GSoC student that has proposed a project  to do a
Bi-directional routing algorithm and we should know by tomorrow if that
was accepted or not. That said, while if it is accepted then having two
is a little redundant unless one supports turn restrictions like TRSP
and one does not.

* Boost as the advantage that is a generic library that is well tested
and most of the development is about how to use the library to do what
you want. On the other hand it is more restrictive if you want to do
something similar to Boost but not supported in the existing code. You
might be able to reuse some of the TRSP code which would be good if you
can do that.

* Testing - I think you need to consider making some simple unit test
examples that allow you to validate your code. This would be a
collection of tests that you can apply to a relatively simple network
that is easy to debug and trace the execution. Once this is done and
working it is reasonable to throw a larger network like osm2pgrouting to
look at performance tuning.

* One of the keys to making quality releases is our ability to automate
sanity testing of the code before we release it. While we do not have
any automated testing yet, it is very high on my list of things that
need to get done, so I will be pushing everyone to support this.

As Jay said, if you have any specific questions that we can help with,
please ask on the list.

Best regards,
   -Steve