[pgrouting-dev] Free as in Freedom OSM converter

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jun 10 20:01:46 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Stephen Mather
<mather.stephen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is (for the moment) OSM2pgrouting a zombie project, or has there been work
> to port this for 2.0?  I'm using OSM2po at the moment, but thought I'd
> check in on status of free as in freedom alternatives.
>
> Thanks,
> Best,
> Steve

Hi Steve,

osm2pgrouting needs some work, because

   1. Not compatible with PostGIS 2.0 and the new pgRouting 2.0
   2. Cannot handle the new OSM bigint ID's

It was some years ago written by Daniel Wendt and then hosted together with
pgRouting and like this found its way to Github.
There is not much activity except some modifications over the years. But it
has so far worked and just recently we have the issues as described before.

Currently pgRouting has priority. If someone wants to fix the issues with
osm2pgrouting, then that's very welcome.
There is a good alternative to process OSM data, named "osm2po". But it's
not released under Open Source license, if that's OK for you.

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de