[pgrouting-dev] testing TSP example fails

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jun 15 12:53:59 PDT 2013

On 6/15/2013 2:44 PM, Stephen Mather wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> More TSP for today.  In testing the example in the docs against the
> example data, I get what is to me a cryptic error:
>
> SELECT * FROM pgr_tsp('SELECT id AS source_id, x, y FROM
> vertex_table','2,7,11',7);
>
> ERROR:  Error TSP fail to findEulerianPath, check your distance matrix
> is valid.

This typically means there is something bad happening in the distance
matrix that is getting passed to the TSP function. Hmmm.

I would start with can you run the test cases or do they fail on your
system.

What OS system and versions of stuff are you running?

There TSP solution for 3 points is a triangle, it is a trivial case
where the input is the output. I thought is tested for that case but
maybe not.

BTW, I will be away on vacation without net access through June 25th, so
I will not be much help until I get back.

-Steve