[pgrouting-dev] git dependency in (at least) pgRouting 2.0

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri May 10 19:35:08 PDT 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Stephen Mather
<mather.stephen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Cool.  Thanks Daniel.  I figure I'm the first person to try to install it
> without git... :).  It was a fresh install though.
>
> Best,
> Steve

Hi Steve,

When you meant "Git is a dependency", did you refer to the cmake output
like this?

-- Could NOT find Git (missing:  GIT_EXECUTABLE)

This indicates, that Git isn't installed, but it doesn't prevent you from
compiling.
So it's not really a dependency, but if Git is there and the source is a
Git repository, then (as for now) it will place the version hash in the
documentation for example (in case you build the documentation)

Or do you get errors when trying to compile?

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de