[pgrouting-dev] Is there Traveling sales man problem that uses a non euclidean solution

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Sun May 19 01:28:21 PDT 2013

Hi,

Are there any plans to implement a version of the traveling salesman
problem that would use a non euclidean solution and perhaps include a
cost factor?

My network is navigated in terms of a cost function for getting between
two different nodes, which givens a 'distance' calculation between two
different nodes the cost of the journey between A->B and B->A may be
different.

Is anybody aware of any work that may have been done in implementing
such a solution in pgroute software?  From my understanding the current
version of traveling salesman only works in term of euclidean distance
which is measured from an direct calculation of the physical location.
Such that the cost of A->B is the same as B->A

Dave.