[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting Release Process Checklist

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 30 18:28:34 PDT 2013

On 5/30/2013 9:10 PM, Daniel Kastl wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM, Worth Lutz <wal3 at mindspring.com
> <mailto:wal3 at mindspring.com>> wrote:
>
>     __ __ __ __
>
>     I think that you all have seen this but here is the description of
>     the way I’m trying to use git.____
>
>     __ __
>
>     http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
>

> Yes, this is a popular way and we have added a few notes to the Wiki:
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/2.0-Development-Guidelines-and-Standards#git-branching-model
>
> I think once everything is sorted and cleaned up we will follow this
> from version 2.0
> Right now we only do it partially.

Yes, I really like this model and keep a copy here on my desktop. I have
been using it for big changes. For little stuff, I just work in the
develop branch, but the problem is that things that start out small
often turn into larger projects.

I also need a better way from the command line to know what branch I'm
in because a few times I have been in the wrong branch and made changes
which is just as big a problem as forgetting to make a branch.

But, yes really good stuff, and incorporated in our developer guide.

Thanks for the suggestion,
   -Steve