[pgrouting-dev] GSoC [pgRouting] Weekly Report #2: Implementing VRP-Pickup and Delivery Problem for pgRouting

Manikanta Kondeti mani.iiit123 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:24:27 PDT 2014

Hi all,

*Project*: Implementing VRP-PDPTW for pgRouting.
*Report Number*: 2

*<My Initial Plan?>*
  *  To understand the different optimization techniques.
  *  Understand Simulated Annealing code.

*<What did i do this week?>*
* Completed reading the paper provided by Steve sir.
Paper on PDPTW -
http://users.cs.cf.ac.uk/C.L.Mumford/Research%20Topics/PDPTW/papers/M_Hosny.pdf
* Reading more about local search methods(Hill Climbing, Simulated
Annealing, Genetic Algorithm).
* Started understanding Simulated Annealing code and put it in Github.
* Refined project plan and will update it on my page (Notes link).

<*What will I be working on next week?> *
* I will spend few more days on understanding simulated annealing code.
* After that will start designing data structures and proceed according to
the plan mentioned in proposal.

* <Did I meet with any stumbling blocks?>*
* At the moment I’m not blocked.

*Important links*:

Link to Weekly Report:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2014-Manikanta-Kondeti-R1