[pgrouting-dev] Issue #329 + new flag

Vicky Vergara vicky_vergara at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:52:17 PDT 2015

Right now the functionality is this:

It cleans the table.
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/src/common/sql/pgrouting_topology.sql#L527

the proposed functionality is:
https://github.com/cvvergara/pgrouting/blob/commonFunctionsUnderscore/src/common/sql/pgrouting_topology.sql#L206
+
https://github.com/cvvergara/pgrouting/blob/commonFunctionsUnderscore/src/common/sql/pgrouting_topology.sql#L226

So  clean = false, works only with rows where source or target are null

>>>In my opinion, what it shouldn't do is to drop the table by default ;-)So, I'll take that as:
clean = false   be the default.

From: daniel at georepublic.de
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:40:02 +0900
To: pgrouting-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [pgrouting-dev] Issue #329 + new flag

 My personal preference is clean = False (Don't clean),  that is, it will continue with the topology where source & target values are null. That way if I add 100 rows to my 25million edges table, it will just add the topology for those 100 rows and not delete the existing topology and restart constructing the topology of 25million +100 edges.

In my opinion, what it shouldn't do is to drop the table by default ;-)
Are you planning to improve the function to allow to continue updating topology if new data was added for example?
I think the case for the "clean" flag are:
* clean = True-> topology exists already -> drop and recreate topology without warning? -> topology doesn't exist -> create it
* clean = False-> topology exists already -> update topology?-> topology doesn't exist -> create it
Correct?
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.info

×