[pgrouting-dev] difference between st_convexhull andpgr_pointsAsPolygon

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Apr 15 07:33:05 PDT 2015

>  Dropping the CGAL dependency is somewhat less important these days
because I believe that postgis now has a dependency on that for some part of
the raster code. It used to be a pain for users build with
> that, but it has gotten better package support now that it is getting used
in other GIS packages.

The CGAL dependency in PostGIS is not for raster but the SFCGAL extension to
PostGIS for 3D support.  It will probably get much more traction in PostGIS
2.2., but right now I don't think in PostGIS  2.1 any shipped distributions
are building with SFCGAL support.  So probably at least a concern for
PostGIS 2.1 and below.

Thanks,
Regina