[pgrouting-dev] difference between st_convexhull andpgr_pointsAsPolygon

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Apr 15 07:34:05 PDT 2015

On 4/15/2015 10:33 AM, Paragon Corporation wrote:

>>   Dropping the CGAL dependency is somewhat less important these days
> because I believe that postgis now has a dependency on that for some part of
> the raster code. It used to be a pain for users build with
>> that, but it has gotten better package support now that it is getting used
> in other GIS packages.
>
> The CGAL dependency in PostGIS is not for raster but the SFCGAL extension to
> PostGIS for 3D support.  It will probably get much more traction in PostGIS
> 2.2., but right now I don't think in PostGIS  2.1 any shipped distributions
> are building with SFCGAL support.  So probably at least a concern for
> PostGIS 2.1 and below.

Regina,

Thanks, I remember it was for something that was coming but just was
sure what.

Anyway, being able to get the points out of driving distance and then
generating the contour lines using just postgis would be an interesting
example and if the performance is reasonable then it might be a good
replacement or alternative to the existing code and just use postgis
instead for creating the isochrone contours.

-Steve

---