[pgrouting-dev] SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 00:23:41 PST 2015

Hi Steve, my comments go below.

On 26 February 2015 at 16:41, Stephen Woodbridge
<woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> I looked at the valgrind log and it is basically the same as a single query
> and I do not see any leaks coming from pgrouting.
>
> I think you should start looking at how you are using python.
> https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=psycopg2+memory+leak

I have no memory issues client side, even if the python code is minimal.

> Also, looking at your code, you are computing random start and end node_ids
> for the query:
>
> 1) are you sure you have all nodes from 1 to max+1?

Yes.

> 2) it is possible that if a query errors out that we might leak memory and
> if this is the case you should attach a simple test case and valgrind log to
> a bug report.

This is a possibility (e.g. network islands). I will follow this lead.

> Also, in your python you are using fetchall() but you are never freeing the
> results.

Again, this might not be conventional code, but the memory issue is on
the server.

> Anyway, at this point I do not see a problem with pgrouting and I'm not
> seeing this issue on any of my 12.04 systems.

At this stage I am also inclined to consider this an issue external to
pgRouting. However, the fact that you are able to run the script
without problems clearly points to the server side.

I will keep investigating this problem. If something further comes up
relevant to pgRouting I will report back.

Thank you and regards,

Luís