[pgrouting-dev] SSL SYSCALL error: EOF detected

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 26 07:41:26 PST 2015

Hi Luis,

I looked at the valgrind log and it is basically the same as a single
query and I do not see any leaks coming from pgrouting.

I think you should start looking at how you are using python.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&q=psycopg2+memory+leak

Also, looking at your code, you are computing random start and end
node_ids for the query:

1) are you sure you have all nodes from 1 to max+1?
2) it is possible that if a query errors out that we might leak memory
and if this is the case you should attach a simple test case and
valgrind log to a bug report.

Also, in your python you are using fetchall() but you are never freeing
the results.

Anyway, at this point I do not see a problem with pgrouting and I'm not
seeing this issue on any of my 12.04 systems.

Thanks,
   -Steve