[pgrouting-dev] libCGAL.so.11() not found while installing pgRouting

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Dec 8 12:29:18 PST 2017

Hello,
I see you are trying to install pgRouting version 2.0.1 (which is basically
2.0.0 so its like 4 years old.
Our latest version is 2.5.2

I don't know Centos at all, but I see there is no package for postgreSQL
9.4 & pgRouting 2.5.2
But there are for 9.5, 9.6 and 10

https://yum.postgresql.org/packages.php

For example:
https://yum.postgresql.org/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repoview/pgrouting_10.html

If you say that you are a beginner and starting to make your server, why
don't you use postgreSQL version 10, that would give you a 5 year range
before its EOL
https://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

The other option I can think of, is to compile and install it yourself.

Vicky

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 6:01 AM, <wolfgang.ganzert at stihl.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Please excuse my questions but I’m a totally beginner in setting up a
> local OSM server on CentOS 7.3.
>
> However I managed to have a few things done but now I have a question.
>

> Since there were not all libs and programs for CentOS 7.3 available I
> followed a recipe from the internet describing how to set-up an OSM sever
> on CentOS 7.3.
>
> For pgRouting I needed to build the libCGAL myself which I did and I got
> a libCGAL.so.11 after cmake / make. I used the sources 4.6.1 for libCGAL.
>

> After running make install the libraries were installed in the directory
> /usr/local/lib which is kind of strange because CentOS is solely x86_64.
>

> When installing pgRouting witch yum localinstall
>  pgrouting_94-2.0.1-2.rhel7.x86_64.rpm the installation is always
> complaining that a dependency is not fulfilled for libCGAL.so.11.
>

> Could you please give me a hint how to solve this?
>

> Thank You in advance and kind regards
>

> Wolfgang
>

> ------------------------------
>
> ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG
> Kommanditgesellschaft mit Sitz in Waiblingen, HRA 260269, Amtsgericht
> Stuttgart
> Persönlich haftende Gesellschafter: Hans Peter Stihl und STIHL
> Aktiengesellschaft mit Sitz in Waiblingen, HRB 263722, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
> Vorstand der STIHL AG: Dr. Bertram Kandziora (Vorstandsvorsitzender), Karl
> Angler, Norbert Pick, Dr. Michael Prochaska, Wolfgang Zahn
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats der STIHL AG: Dr. Nikolas Stihl

> ________________
>

> Wenn Sie nicht der rechtmäßige Empfänger sind, senden Sie uns bitte die
> E-Mail zurück
> und löschen Sie sie auf Ihrem System. Die unberechtigte Nutzung oder
> Weitergabe von
> vertraulichen Informationen kann strafrechtlich und zivilrechtlich
> verfolgt werden.
>

> If you are not the legitimate recipient, please send the e-mail back and
> delete it
> on your system. Any unauthorized use or transfer of confidential
> information
> may have legal consequences.

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,