[pgrouting-users] Split lines at specific points

agentsees agentsees at gmx.net
Mon May 24 06:04:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

This may be a simple question, but im not sure how to solve this. I want
to split the edges in my network at specific points. I have a few
hundred points lying on different edges. Splitting should result in 2
lines instead of one. Then i recalculate the length of the lines and in
the end i run assign_vertex_id to get the topology back. My goal is to
make routing more accurate, so that the calculation uses start and
endingpoints which are directly infront of the start and endpoints. I
already tried the smart_wrapper function but it wont work. So i will do
it by hand. Could someone give me a hint whats the best way to follow
for this?
Thank you!