[pgrouting-users] Error whilst installing on CentOS 5.5

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jan 24 20:02:09 EST 2011

It must be something with the Boost version.
About a year ago users started to complain about this error and it seemed
that some path related to the "property_map" changed in newer Boost
versions. After this happened with Ubuntu and FreeBSD ... and I think also
Debian (don't know exactly), I corrected this according to the patch someone
sent ... as far as I remember.
You can find it in the commit message of edge_visitor.hpp for example:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/commits/master/core/src/edge_visitors.hpp

<https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/commits/master/core/src/edge_visitors.hpp>Sorry,
but I'm also not so familiar with Git yet and don't know exactly how to get
the changes of this revisions. But I remember there were a few files where
the path has changed.

When you checkout Tag "v1.05" though it's still the previous path and you
should be able to compile.
Good to know that there are still distributions with pretty ancient Boost.

Daniel

2011/1/25 Charles Galpin <cgalpin at lhsw.com>

> I don't think the version os the problem since I am running the same. I
> don't recall what I did exactly but did run ldconfig at some point.  Perhaps
> run that and try again.
>
> However I have since learned about pgrpms and in theory installing postgis
> should be as simple as
>
> rpm -ivh http://yum.pgrpms.org/reporpms/9.0/pgdg-centos-9.0-2.noarch.rpm
> yum install postgis90
>
> This ets the postgres repos setup and then installs postgis and all
> dependencies from it.
>
> There is a remote chance you'd need to
> edit /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo [base] and [updates] sections and add
>
> exclude=postgresql*
>
> This might be worth a try (I have tried this in a fresh VM and it appears
> to have worked fine but have not attempted to use it yet). Long term this is
> a much better approach than building from scratch each time (for me). I am
> not sure if this includes pgrouting, but it's a good start even if not.
>
> hth
> charles
>
> On Jan 24, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Richard Willars wrote:
>
> Hi Charles,
>
> Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've already got boost-devel
> installed (v1.33.1). I can see there's a newer version of boost
> available (1.45) but it's not available via yum.. if I can work out
> how to install it I will, but before I spend ages on that do you think
> that that minor update would fix the issue?
>
> Regards,
> Richard

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de