R: Re: [pgrouting-users] about use of navteq data

Paolo Lubrano paolo.lubrano at inwind.it
Mon Jan 31 03:37:48 EST 2011

Hi all,
first of all thank you very much for your support and sorry for my
"disappearance"...
I have built the graph with assign_vertex_3d function (by Steve) and it seems
to work well!
The function employed more than 2 days to complete the computation (about 27
hours!! - 678000 records).
Now I'm testing the graph...

Some answers to Daniel:

>>> Because you're using TeleAtlas data, are you sure you have to build a
>>> network topology? Doesn't TeleAtlas already contain such an information?

Yes, I have to build topology if I want to use pgRouting because id from
TeleAtalas are 'long integer' and not 'integer' (this create a type error) and
don't start from 1,
this is an example: 173800024175760.

Best regards from Naples.
Have a nice week,