[pgrouting-users] How many people use the wrapper functions?

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Mon May 13 09:11:30 PDT 2013

On 5/11/2013 1:20 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Daniel and I have been wondering if people use the wrapper function
> versus the core functions directly? Or if you have written your own
> wrapper functions? etc.

We use the astar wrapper functions.

There are a few hardcoded things, such as the geometry column being
the_geom, but naming our columns to fit really saved us a lot of time
over my reinventing that same stuff.

If you do get rid of them, please update the docs to point to them with
a note as to "this wrapper function will do A*, swap in your columns for
geometry name and cost, and you're off to a good start"

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org