[Portugal] fundador de OSM passa a MS e a MS disponibiliza os mapas Bing ao projecto OSM

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 16:42:04 EST 2010

http://blog.stevecoast.com/im-working-at-microsoft-and-were-donating-ima

I’m working at Microsoft and we’re donating imagery to OpenStreetMap!

I’ve super excited to tell you that I’ve accepted a position as
Principal Architect at Bing Mobile [...]

Even better, Microsoft is donating access to it’s global orthorectified
aerial imagery to help OpenStreetMappers make the map even better than
it already is[...]

Of course, this doesn’t mean Microsoft ‘owns’ OpenStreetMap[...]
[...] will continue in my roles to push the OSM cause forward