[Portugal] Open Traffic Project

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Sábado, 10 de Novembro de 2012 - 09:03:14 PST

Não sei se será ssim tão Open quanto o nome indica mas vale a pena
referenciar :)
Se alguém perceber melhor o tipo de openness deste serviço/pacote que
comente!!!

Abc,
Hugo

Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: Open Traffic Project via
Slashgeo.org by Satri on 11/9/12

This was meant to happen, via the LinkedIn OpenStreetMap group I
learned about the OpenTraffic project.

Here's their introduction: "OpenTraffic is a open data project
initiated by doroga.tv to create open traffic jam map of the world. We
use OpenStreetMap vector graph and data feeds from various fleet
management systems to calculate the traffic. Each contributor and every
developer may use the traffic APIs for mapping and navigation projects
and researches. [...]

If you'd like to start OpenTraffic project in your area, you need to do
the following steps:

- Contact us so we could install the vector OpenStreetMap data for your
region
- You need to provide datafeeds from GPS-equipped vehicles so we can
calculate traffic based on that data
- Enjoy! Access the traffic data by API and use it on any web or mobile
map​"

Google Plus One

Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo.org using Google Reader
favorite sites