[postgis-devel] PostGIS release

Mark Leslie mark at refractions.net
Thu Jul 12 10:30:56 PDT 2007

Mark Leslie wrote:
> Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 16:52 -0700, Mark Leslie wrote:
>>> I've churned out a tarball, basically a copy of the svn tarball as of
>>> two minutes ago, and stashed it at
>>> http://postgis.refractions.net/postgis-1.3.0RC1.tar.gz
>>> I don't yet have a link on the downloads page.
>>> Mark
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Looks there are some regression failures in MingW for
>> sql-mm-multisurface which are present for both GEOS 2.2.3 and GEOS
>> 3.0.0rc4. It appears to be some kind of precision issue - what is the
>> best way for this release to pass regression? Output included below.
>>

>> ATB,
>>
>> Mark.
>>

> At one point I went through the regression tests and added SnapToGrid
> calls to all the line/curve tests to avoid this problem.  Either those
> changes never got committed or they were clobbered.  In either case,
> I'll track them down and get them applied.
> Mark

So, new information.  The approach of using ST_SnapToGrid to avoid these
problems won't work on the the ST_LineToCurve function tests, because it
doesn't yet support curved geometries.  My naive solution is to remove
the tests until ST_SnapToGrid can be updated.  What I haven't seen are
the results of a failed regress_ogc test.  Could someone post these?
Mark