[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] Changed bahaviour of PostGIS confuses MapServer

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 12:32:17 PST 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Yes, Peter, I think it should call for a quick 1.3.5. Mapserver users
> are a huge contingent of PostGIS users, and anyone with a LINE layer
> now has a crasher. 1.3.5 should come off the line ASAP. There's always
> more version numbers, IMO.
>
> Can we have a quick vote on 1.3.5 release-from-branch, no-waities?
>
> +1
>
> P.

Ah so the force_collection() is added by Mapserver? - in that case, yes,
it does make this rather more urgent :(  Funnily enough I was going to
suggest a 1.3.5 release in the next week or so since the regression
error for the original GBT#21 fix randomly appeared on Win32, but only
for the really old PostgreSQL versions!?

I'd like to fix GBT#83 before a 1.3.5 release as it looks like it could
be something similar, but other than that +1. I'll go and take a look at
this now.

ATB,

Mark.

--