[postgis-devel] ST_Intersection throws error on postgis Linux installation

Michael Melvin mike at intelliware.ca
Mon Jun 16 13:50:08 PDT 2008

I just opened an issue in the Google Code site for postgis.

It basically comes down to the ERROR: GEOS Intersection() threw an error! when running against a postgis Linux installation, where the same query works in Windows.  The funny thing is that if I change the value of 5512321.5456 in the second argument to the function to 5512321.5457, the query succeeds!

It can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=37 <http://code.google.com/p/postgis/issues/detail?id=37>

How different is the Windows code for the ST_Intersection function vs. the Linux code?  Is there any workaround for this, or am I hosed?

Thanks,

-mike